New York, NY
Submit Resume + Cover Letter with subject “PD Manager" to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Organic Cotton Intimates Brand, founded and operated out of NYC.
You are an experienced intimate apparel designer, whose tech packs are works of art.
The ideal candidate is equipped to design and execute a multi-SKU intimates collection from concept to production. Considered applicants should be experts in the patternmaking and construction of intimate apparel in order to designate design specifications, customize components and grade for an extensive range of sizes. A skilled technician with an agile approach, they should expect to translate conceptual designs into digital patterns, create their accompanying tech packs, and iterate on sample submissions to create expertly crafted garments. As the keystone of Knickey’s design department, this individual must be detail-oriented, organized, and keen to drive Knickey’s mission to make the best-fitting basics for every body. As an in-house role, the Technical Design Lead will work closely with the Founders and report directly to the Product Development Manager.
- Translate conceptual design drawings or samples into digital patterns for factory sampling
- Create technical specification packages for new style prototypes
- Provide comments on submits to improve garment execution and technical specifications
- Lead fit sessions to evaluate garments for quality execution; provide feedback and approvals
- Assist in the process of sourcing to inform quality, component and materiality choices
- Own all physical patterns, tech packs, and feedback archive
- Own provide guidance for quality assurance
- Some overseas travel for quality control adherence
What we’re looking for ...
- 5+ years experience as a patternmaker and technical designer
- Highly adept in intimate apparel construction
- Experience liaising with oversees vendors, conducting fit sessions and providing comments
- Experience with Gerber, Adobe & Google Suites and a willingness to master new platforms
- Interest in or knowledge of sustainable sourcing / materials / production a plus
- Experience in start-up environments preferred
What we offer ...
- A small team at a fast-growing start up
- Opportunity to work directly with Founders
- High degree of ownership and responsibility
- A Remote role, with the option to work in person at an NYC office in the future
- Full-time commitment, flexible vacation policy, wellness stipend monthly
Interviewing with us will likely include phone and video discussions as well as practical exercises. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.