New York, NY
Submit Resume + Cover Letter with subject “Technical Design Lead” to: email@example.com
We are an Organic Cotton Intimates Brand, founded and operated out of NYC.
You are a PD rockstar with a passion for concepting collections and bringing them to market.
The ideal candidate is equipped to champion the overseas production of a multi-SKU intimates collection and overall product roadmap, while managing the daily demands of vendor communication. As Knickey’s main point of contact with manufacturers, considered applicants should possess a comprehensive knowledge of the garment lifecycle and be able to effectively communicate notes on development while adhering to the product launch schedule. As an organized project manager, this individual should expect to formalize and enforce the development timeline, as a result of overseeing the planning and merchandising of future collections simultaneously. An exceptional communicator with an eye for design, they should thrive on meeting delivery deadlines and bringing beautiful collections to market. As an in-house role, the Product Development Manager will work closely with the broader Design Team and report directly to the Founders.
- Work closely with founders to develop designs from concept through market-launch
- Manage the creation and approval process for patterns, tech packs, lab dips and samples
- Liaise directly with manufacturers through Knickey’s designated communications portal, to manage all assets and provide comments on submits as well as final approvals
- Own the product roadmap, formalize development timelines, and track deliveries of purchase orders to meet product launch dates
- Assist in the management of inventory planning, raising purchase orders, and tracking deliveries according to the launch calendar
- Conduct trend and market research to inform product design, palette exploration and materiality choices
- Organize the PD library of all physical patterns, tech packs, and samples in-house
What we’re looking for ...
- 2+ years experience in product development
- Experience managing development processes, submits and timelines
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- A quick learner with an eye for continual process improvement and workflow optimizations
- Experience with Adobe & Google Suite, and a willingness to master new platforms
- Interest in or knowledge of sustainable sourcing / materials / production preferred
- Experience in start-up environments a plus
What we offer ...
- A small team at a fast-growing start up
- Opportunity to work directly with Founders
- High degree of ownership and responsibility
- A Remote role, with the option to work in person at an NYC office in the future
- Full-time commitment, flexible vacation policy, wellness stipend monthly
Interviewing with us will likely include phone and video discussions as well as practical exercises. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.